That is a great question! What metals CAN you oxidize?
Why can’t you oxidize those metals?
- Aluminum – Requires specialized equipment, chemicals, and skill to anodize, a different process than oxidizing
- Enamel Coated Copper – The enamel coating protects the metal, leaving no raw surface to react with
- Niobium – Because it’s a reactive metal
- Non-tarnish (Anything) – The non-tarnish coating keeps the metal from tarnishing and therefore, oxidizing
- Some Plated Metals – Because they have a lightweight clear coating on them to keep them bright.
- Titanium – Because it’s a reactive metal