Craft show season is in FULL SWING – I have several customers asking for tips. Even though we very rarely do shows anymore, we used to go to them all the time!
Here are TEN of my best tips:
1. Have 10x’s more items for sale than you hope to sell – a fully stocked booth attracts customers
2. Vary the height and how items are displayed and make sure customers can touch and handle items – if not all at least a display or sample or each design
3. Take an inexpensive mirror along. Being able to see a piece on their selves helps customers fall in love with your creations
4. Dress is layers – regardless of the show being inside or out. You want to be able to make easy, comfortable conversation with your customers, not shivering or sweating while they browse
5. Have prices on EVERYTHING – customers don’t want to appear cheap and want to know they can afford what they are looking at. If they have to ask how much something is, they are much more likely to walk away without buying
6. Have some sales – BOGO or discounts for buying more than one. Everyone loves to save and get a good deal!
7. Have a bargain bin – I take an old make-up suitcase (I don’t think these are made anymore, are they?) and fill it with poorly selling items, old OOAK’s and some fast/easy pieces that I make specifically for this. Mark it ONE DOLLAR. Getting people to open their wallet for even a dollar breaks through a large barrier
WHAT TIPS DO YOU HAVE? Let us know in the comments!